Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or an expert of any kind on nutrition or health. Any research I have done is through Google and is by no means in-depth. Therefore, any opinions I appear to have, even when quoting experts, may not be accurate. I am not promoting any diet. I am merely doing an experiment and using my own body as a labratory. Please consult a trusted health expert before changing your diet or exercise routine.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

HCG Day 1 (3)

I call this Day 1(3) because I have been taking the supplements, but this is the first day I do my hardcore extreme diet.  I weighed in at 198.  Hmmm.  I'm 3 lbs lighter than I was on Sunday and I haven't started the diet yet.  Could be meaningless.  Could be the supplements.  Regardless, I don't mean to suggest that supplements alone could possibly get me to my weight loss goal.  There is probably a diuretic in one of the supplements.

I made my lunch for today last night.  I sit this morning eating my 1/2 grapefruit.  I hope it lasts until lunch!!  For lunch?  3.5 oz raw spinach (that's quite a large bowl actually) 3 oz cooked chicken seasoned with only ginger, soy sauce, lemon and salt and pepper (its very delicious actually), and 3.5 oz strawberries.  I'm just using apple cider vinegar for dressing.  I did a test salad last night and it was very delicious.  Spinach seems to be a good leafy green for rather dry salads because it isn't bitter.  I actually could have skipped the vinegar if I wanted to.  I still can't believe how unbelievably good the chicken was. 

____
So, here is is at 7:24 pm.  I am just getting ready for the second half of my work day, but I wanted to report on how it was going so far. 

Basically, I had my 1/2 grapefruit for breakfast with coffee.  I took my supplements.  One of them makes me a little nauseous.  Also, yesterday and today, I was super grumpy in the morning.  However, once I realized the vitamins were making me a little grumpy, I was able to shake it off.

At about 9:30 a.m.  I was STARVING!!!  I didn't dare eat my salad yet because I wouldn't have made it through the day.  By about 10:30 a.m. my hunger subsided.  I actually didn't eat my salad until 1:30 or so. 

Tonight when I came home I was hungary, but not starving.  Every once in a while I would get a hunger pinch in my belly (like a hot poker), but it goes away.  I had fish and cauliflower for dinner.  3.5 oz of cauliflower is an unbelievably small portion!!  I was  satiated after I ate, but the food tasted so good I wanted more.  So, I had about 1 oz of chicken.  Then I stopped. 

I made myself a big glass of ice water with lemons and will drink water all night.  I hope it keeps my cravings at bay.  This is the hardest time of night for me.  I've had a long day and what I really "want" to do is sit in front of the TV and snack until its time to go to bed.  Unfortunately, that behavior has undesireable consequences.
____

At about 9:30 p.m. I got the serious fungries!  So, I ate a pickle, a nectarine and the other half of my grapefruit.  Not a bad binge.

No comments:

Post a Comment