Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or an expert of any kind on nutrition or health. Any research I have done is through Google and is by no means in-depth. Therefore, any opinions I appear to have, even when quoting experts, may not be accurate. I am not promoting any diet. I am merely doing an experiment and using my own body as a labratory. Please consult a trusted health expert before changing your diet or exercise routine.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

10,000 steps per day

Okay, one of my biggest obstacles has been getting off the fat train.  What do I do?  Where do I start?  Diets don't last for more than a day.  And, if I do get on some health kick, it doesn't last and once it's over, I gain all the weight back and then some.  So, I really need to analyze some things here.  First, my life style.  I sit behind a desk all day.  Everything is at my fingertips for efficiency purposes.  When I think about the amount of time that I am actually up on my feet, it is scary.  I am very sedentary.  So, I have set an alarm to go off every hour at work, at which point I will get up and take a stroll around the building (approx. 650 steps).  If I do this 7 times per day, I will have walked 4550 steps while at work.  It's not 10,000, I know, and I will need to figure out how to add more steps throughout the rest of my day, maybe I do several laps at lunch time, but I this is at least a start.  I will let you know how it goes.  Hopefully I have the time during the day to take these mini-breaks.  Maybe I'll be more productive by doing so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment