Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or an expert of any kind on nutrition or health. Any research I have done is through Google and is by no means in-depth. Therefore, any opinions I appear to have, even when quoting experts, may not be accurate. I am not promoting any diet. I am merely doing an experiment and using my own body as a labratory. Please consult a trusted health expert before changing your diet or exercise routine.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

DAY 16

187.4
Yesterday my back went out of place.  I got an adjustment, but I am still sore.  So, I didn't work out yesterday, but I otherwise stuck to my schedule. 

I had eggs for breakfast, a cup of almonds and 2 pieces of string cheese for lunch, a big plate of asparagus for dinner, and a piece of string cheese before bed.  That doesn't sound like very much food, but I really wasn't hungry yesterday.  As I am looking at my plate of asparagus, I realize this is not how "normal" people eat.  Could you imagine telling your kids to come to dinner and all they get is a plate of asparagus?  But, maybe it should be.  I really enjoyed my dinners the past three nights, and there is satisfaction in knowing that you are picking foods not only for taste, but for nutritional content. 

I did buy some 5 hour energy.  Not because I have been lacking energy.  On the contrary.  But, because it is loaded with B vitamins, especially B12.  Most people who eat meat don't need a B12 supplement. If you have a B12 deficiency, you are probably either vegan or your stomach is not producing a substance called intrinsic factor, which helps your body break down and absorb the B12.  I've read different opinions on whether it is better to get B12 from supplements or food sources.  I'll probably take this around noon right before lunch since I'm drinking coffee this morning. 

I'm starting to feel like Jeff Goldblum in The Fly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment