Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or an expert of any kind on nutrition or health. Any research I have done is through Google and is by no means in-depth. Therefore, any opinions I appear to have, even when quoting experts, may not be accurate. I am not promoting any diet. I am merely doing an experiment and using my own body as a labratory. Please consult a trusted health expert before changing your diet or exercise routine.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

DAY EIGHT

My numbers for Monday look great!  Fat 285.48, Protein 104.91, Net Carbs 61.68, Calories 3474.  Even my sodium intake was lower at 2234.  I lost .4 lbs from yesterday, but that's still higher than the 185.8 I got down to. 

So, my total weight loss last week was 1.8 lbs.  That's really not bad.  I haven't been deprived at all, although, I admit, I could have been more disciplined. 

This Saturday will be huge.  I have a houseful of people coming over.  Its likely that I won't be able to count anything on that day.  I will just have to wing it - take my training wheels off so to speak.  That is the ultimate goal anyway isn't it?  To know what you should and shouldn't eat and eat way more shoulds than shouldn'ts so you don't have to weigh, measure and count every little thing you put into your mouth.

That works well IF, you are already at your desired weight and, you are still monitoring your weight so it doesn't get away from you.  Its way to easy to slide back into our old ways.  In the book Skinny Bitch they write, "You are only one piece of cheese away from a total relapse."  They, being vegans, followed a slightly different diet, however, you can replace "cheese" with whatever "bad" food in that sentence and, I think it's very true.  When people see me and see how much weight I've put on I always say that all it took was a beer and a bag of Cheetos.  The first meal my husband ever made me was Fettuccine Alfredo (from a box).  I reluctantly ate it, knowing it was bad.  I was too polite to say, "I don't eat that stuff."  From there, my diet went down hill.  So did my husband's.  We're both a good 50 pounds heavier than we were when we met. 

So, this Saturday, I won't count, but here's my plan:
I will have a relish tray of veggies and dip.   I will make spaghetti (easy dish for lots of people) and, I will have mine with spaghetti squash instead of pasta.  Instead of garlic bread, I will deep fry some low carb tortillas, spray them with olive oil and dust them with garlic, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan.  I suppose I should also have some garlic bread on hand for whoever wants some. 

Homemade spaghetti and homemade chili are my two exceptions for eating meat.  I buy Laura's ground beef, which comes from free range cows (according to her website). 

Hopefully the rest of this week can mirror yesterday.  I only worked out one day last week.  That's got to change.  I have a schedule planed out and I really should stick to it.  If I could only stick to my diet and schedule . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment