Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or an expert of any kind on nutrition or health. Any research I have done is through Google and is by no means in-depth. Therefore, any opinions I appear to have, even when quoting experts, may not be accurate. I am not promoting any diet. I am merely doing an experiment and using my own body as a labratory. Please consult a trusted health expert before changing your diet or exercise routine.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 4

187.6 (up .2 lbs)
Calories 3848, Carbs 46.83.

I didn't work out yesterday.  Frankly, I was so tired from jogging 4.5 miles on Monday and Tuesday, I didn't even have the stamina to study yesterday. 

Tonight is Bob and Shayne night, so we're going to have to be very careful.  It's not going to be a night of snacks.  We discussed how our diet gets absolutely blown Thursday - Saturday.  We need to be able to watch a good movie without stuffing things into our mouths.  That's our first obstacle.

Second, We are going to work out every Thurs - Sat.  My husband has only those 3 days to exercise and it is my job to make sure he exercises on those three days. 

About calories:
I'm beginning to wonder if there is a calorie threshold where, even though my carbs are low, my calories are too high.  I mean, there has to be something to calories in/calories out.  I know I lose weight that way.  The other day I cut my calories by 1000 and lost almost 2 lbs.  One day doesn't give me that much information, but I think I will go back to that.  Because I am eating soooo much fat, 1000 calories is not that hard to cut.  I think all I did on Monday was use only 1 serving of nuts/seeds in my salad (vs. 3), 1 oz cheese instead of 2, replaced some of the olive oil with vinegar in my salad, didn't add a tablespoon of butter to my eggs (not really needed) and voila, there goes about 1000 calories.  Yes, my salad for lunch is about 1700 calories.  955 of those calories come from olive oil alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment