Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or an expert of any kind on nutrition or health. Any research I have done is through Google and is by no means in-depth. Therefore, any opinions I appear to have, even when quoting experts, may not be accurate. I am not promoting any diet. I am merely doing an experiment and using my own body as a labratory. Please consult a trusted health expert before changing your diet or exercise routine.

Monday, March 7, 2011

DAY ONE - conclusion

I learned a lot today.  First I learned that you cannot eat a BK Veggie Burger with 39 carbs for lunch and stay remotely close to 50 carbs for the whole day.  The reason is because almost everything has carbs (except the eggs) and I reached my max carbs before I reached my RDI of 1500 calories.  I ended up eating 79.25 net carbs total.  I actually had to eat an extra 965 calories (even though I wasn't hungry) to make my fat intake higher than my carb intake and to increase my over all calorie consumption because eating less than my RDI of 1500 calories proves nothing.  So, I had some cashews, some cheese, and a salad with lots of olive oil - all in the name of science. 

I also learned that bananas have the same number of carbs as a snickers bar.  So, bananas are out.  I'm eating an apple for lunch tomorrow - 19 carbs.  That's gonna hurt me, but I've researched some low carb options for fruit.  Looks like I'll be doing berries, kiwi, peaches and plumbs, and only one per day.  Bananas are high in potassium, so I looked up other sources of potassium and peaches and Kiwi were on the list.  Both relatively low carb fruits.   Kiwi is also very high in Vitamin C.  Berries are low in carbs as well and they have other micro nutrients.  Most of these fruits aren't in season yet.  For now, I guess I'll have to try to get most of my nutrients from a variety of vegetables. 

I can already see that I'm going to have to get creative about preparing food or this way of eating is going to get old FAST. 

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you are amazing. I am going to REALLY enjoy following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Missy. I'm really having fun!

    ReplyDelete