Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or an expert of any kind on nutrition or health. Any research I have done is through Google and is by no means in-depth. Therefore, any opinions I appear to have, even when quoting experts, may not be accurate. I am not promoting any diet. I am merely doing an experiment and using my own body as a labratory. Please consult a trusted health expert before changing your diet or exercise routine.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

DAY SIX conclusion

Ryann's party was so cute.  I had some temptations like cupcakes and tortilla chips with 3 layer dip - easier  to resist since I didn't show up hungry. 

When we got home, my husband and I decided we were going to skip dinner and relax with some wine (beer for husband) and snacks.  I made a tray of extra sharp cheddar, pepper jack and parmasean cheeses, green olives with blue cheese, and cashews.  All these flavores in my mouth were heavenly! Not counting the cashews and merlot, the cheese and olive snack tray only cost me 2.49 carbs. 

My numbers were as follows:
Fat 309.81, Net Carb 103.66, Proten 104.16, Calories 3767

My sodium, which I know I don't normally mention, was 5096.  Over 1300 came from the olives alone.  That seems like a high number to me.  I don't know why I should care, and, at this point, I don't know which sources I should trust.  I don't feel like I'm retaining any extra water today, but I am thirsty.  I will say one interesting thing I learned from my dog, Gidget's, vet.  After Gidget had bladder stones surgically removed, the vet put her on special dog food.  I asked the vet, how does this food help her?  The vet said, "Basically, its really high in sodium so she will be thirstier and want to drink more, which will keep her bladder diluted and less likely to build up stones."  So, in my non-medical opinion, for a healthy person, it seems like our bodies force us to automatically "fix" excess sodium intake by making us thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment