Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or an expert of any kind on nutrition or health. Any research I have done is through Google and is by no means in-depth. Therefore, any opinions I appear to have, even when quoting experts, may not be accurate. I am not promoting any diet. I am merely doing an experiment and using my own body as a labratory. Please consult a trusted health expert before changing your diet or exercise routine.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

DAY SIX

Here I am, Saturday, Day 6.  I would like this day to be about making up for yesterday, which would be easy to do if I had no plans, however, it is my niece's 6th birthday.  I have no idea what my sister will be serving.  Hopefully there are veggies and dip.  I suppose I could call her and ask, or even show up with some veggies and dip of my own, but, part of me wants to just wing this. 

Part of my strategy will be to eat a filling lunch before heading over there.  Probably a good strategy for anyone wanting to lose weight.  Don't go to a backyard barbecue hungry!!  Don't not eat when you get their either.  People will notice and it will piss them off. 

Oh, I forgot to mention this in my day 5 conclusion, so I'll mention it here.  I know I raved about how delicious olive oil was yesterday.  I forgot to bring my McCormick salad seasoning with me last night and I missed it.  Turns out that olive oil tastes much better with some kind of spice, otherwise, it can be somewhat bland.  I made up for it with the vinegar and, luckily, there were enough other flavors in the cobb salad that it wasn't totally boring.  As I'm typing, I'm coming up with the idea to maybe just put a couple of tablespoons of ranch on my salad along with the olive oil (skip the vinegar).  That way I would have the flavor of the ranch, but my salad wouldn't be dry.  I don't know if it will taste good or not, but it's worth trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment